Fixed Operations Manager
Glacier Toyota has a requirement for an experienced Fixed Operations Manager to join our amazing store in Smithers, B.C.
In this key role, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of our Service & Parts operations to successfully achieve great guest experiences, revenue and profitability objectives. Are you looking to relocate to a small community but with all amenities, great access to the outdoors and a work life balance that makes sense? Glacier Toyota is the place to be. Open 5 days a week (Tuesday to Saturday), a family owned business for over 50 years with the Toyota brand and a team of employees who are dedicated to this community and Toyota. We offer amazing guest experiences, community involvement, family friendly workspace – you will want to lead our team further as we continually strive for excellence in all we do!
Smithers, B.C. offers a unique alpine town of 5000, in a resource rich area of northwest BC. Glacier Toyota is recognized as a winner of the Operational Excellence award for 2019 and in the runnings once again for 2021! We strive to be the top dealer among 248 Toyota dealers in Canada yearly. With your help, we can support our team, enhance the guest experience, support current processes while looking to better each customer interaction on a continuous basis. Investigating parts and service offerings to ensure the true profit potential is being realized while also looking for new services of value for our guests. Benefits, wage and all other details will be made available to the candidate that best qualifies for this position. If lifestyle, rural living, mountains, rivers, fresh air, no traffic, continuous improvement with a keen eye for details and numbers – and integrity matter to you, I would love to talk to you about leading our parts and service team!
- Lead successful Parts & Service Department operations by: building, managing, motivating and retaining a strong Service team; establishing & enhancing processes and standards to ensure guest experiences and efficient operations; controlling costs; gaining new parts & service customers while retaining existing customer base
- Instill dealership/brand loyalty by ensuring an exceptional customer service experience for all customers
- Handle escalated customer concerns
- Actively manage and improve on all measured performance indicators (KPI), including gross sales, profitability, loyalty, CSI
- Prepare, administer and adhere to the annual operating budget for the Parts & Service Department
- Manage a high performance team of Parts & Service Advisors and Technicians
- Maintain highest possible standards of workmanship and safety
- Keep up to date and ensure the same for all staff by completing all relevant training within manufacturer’s and trade guidelines
- Liaise and manage positive working relationships with manufacturer’s representatives
- Oversee administration of warranty claims in compliance with manufacturer’s policies and procedures
- Develop and execute effective parts & service marketing campaigns
- Direct procurement of all types of company-owned-and-operated automotive shop equipment.
- Service Management experience is an asset with a proven track record in both service and customer satisfaction
- Technologically savvy with PC-based software, websites and strong proficiency in Dealer Management Systems
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to motivate a team to achieve results
- Able to work as part of a results-oriented and customer-focused dealership team
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to multitask effectively in a fast paced environment * Possess sound automotive technical background with a strong knowledge of technical/mechanical repairs, product and automotive parts
- Ability to handle and resolve customer issues or concerns promptly and professionally
- Valid Driver’s License
We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.